Print and Retain a Copy for Your Records
Hynes Convention Center | Boston, MA | March 20-21, 2019
As an Exhibitor in the show, we hereby agree to conduct business in a professional manner, to observe the regular hours of the exposition, and to the following terms and conditions:
1. Exhibitors will indemnify, defend, and hold the Association of Energy Engineers (AEE), Show Management and its contractors, show hosts, sponsors, and cosponsors, and the Convention Center harmless from any claims, losses, expenses, (including attorneys’ fees) and liability arising in connection with the "Association’s" meeting being held at Hynes Convention Center, Boston, MA, March 20-21, 2019. Exhibitor agrees to make no claims whatsoever for loss, theft, damage, destruction of goods; nor for any injury to himself or employees while in the exposition quarters; nor for any damage of any nature, including damage to his business, nor for any loss resulting from labor disputes, acts of God or nature, or any action of any nature of AEE and Show Management. Force Majeure: In the event the Exhibit Hall, any part of the exhibit area, or any other facilities deemed solely by Show Management to be required to support the event thereof is unavailable whether for the entire event, or a portion of the event as a result of wind, fire, flood, tempest, act of God or nature, or any other such cause or as a result of governmental intervention, malicious damage, acts of war, acts of terrorism, strike, lockout, labor dispute, riot or any other cause or agency over which Show Management has no control, or should Management decide that because of any such cause it is necessary to cancel, postpone, or resite this show, AEE, Show Management, Host, and Sponsors shall not be liable to indemnify or reimburse the Exhibitor in any respect of any damage or loss, direct or indirect, arising as a result thereof.
2. Upon submitting booth contract we understand booth space is non-cancelable and we agree to adhere to the cancellation policy terms (No. 8). If we cancel, we will be charged at a minimum 50% of the published booth fee for the number of spaces we have contracted. Use of space: Exhibitor shall not assign, share or sublet any space without written consent from AEE Exhibit Programs.
3. Exhibitors are advised to carry floater insurance to cover their exhibit material against damage and loss and public liability insurance to cover against injury to the Exhibitor, its staff, and to injury to others. All property of Exhibitor is understood to remain under its custody and control in transit to and from and within the confines of the exhibit area and Exhibitor shall maintain insurance covering Exhibitor’s property. Exhibitor shall also carry comprehensive general liability and property damage liability and statutory Workmen’s Compensation with employers’ liability. Appropriate Certificates of Insurance shall be furnished by Exhibitor upon request by Show Management or its contractors. Obtaining insurance and amount of insurance remains solely the responsibility of the Exhibitor.
4. In island spaces with aisles on all four sides, overhead panels or “bridge type” construction may be permitted. No exhibit shall be permitted to interfere with a neighboring exhibit. Island exhibits must not include a back wall that blocks visibility of neighboring booths. In-line booth side-dividers of a height in excess of 36" must not extend further than three (3) feet out from the back wall. Booth walls or equipment displayed must not exceed eight (8) feet in height. Any exceptions must first be approved by Exhibition Management. Exposed/unsightly portions of booth may be ordered “masked” by Show Management — the expense for which is the sole responsibility of the Exhibitor. Carpeting of exhibit space is required. AEE retains the right to change the expo floorplan and Exhibitor’s booth location without prior notice.
5. Internet advertising is available to current Exhibitors who have submitted at least a 50% booth deposit. Special exhibit/packaged rate reflects a significant discount off of regular Internet advertising rates and may not be combined with any other offers. Not valid for prior Virtual Show Exhibitor sales. AEE reserves the right to reject advertising for any reason whatsoever.
6. All exhibits must be set up by 5:00 pm the evening prior to the opening of the show. Booth space not set up and claimed by the evening prior to the show opening will be forfeited and may be reassigned by Show Management at its discretion. AEE reserves the right to force set an exhibitor’s booth if freight has been delivered or remove freight from the floor prior to show opening. All charges will be applied to the exhibitor’s account.
7. Regulations and Compliance: No explosives, fuel, combustibles, or hazardous materials, decorative materials not fireproof nor flameproof, or any materials or substances deemed hazardous under applicable fire regulations may be brought into the Exhibit Hall. Exhibitor must observe all union regulations in force in the Exhibit Hall and use qualified personnel for services. All Exhibitor’s electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic equipment must meet requirements of all applicable electrical and safety codes.
8. Cancellation, change of space, change of Exhibitor information, and refund policy:
(a) Exhibitor agrees to notify Show Management in writing if it needs to change its booth size, change its company listing and/or contact information, as well as if it needs to cancel out of the show.
(b) Written cancellation received by Exhibit Manager more than 120 days prior to the opening date of the show, cancellation fee of 50% of total booth cost (advertising is non-refundable) will be assessed.
(c) Written cancellation received within 60 to 120 days prior to the opening date of the show, cancellation / penalty fee of full amount of booth cost (internet and directory ads are non-refundable) will be assessed regardless of cancellation notification, and no refund will be made.
(d) Written cancellation received less than 60 days prior to the opening date of the show, total payment for the booth space (internet and directory ads are non-refundable) is due regardless of cancellation notification, and no refunds will be made.
(e) If an Exhibitor decreases its booth size from the original contract, it will be deemed a cancellation for the booths decreased, and the show’s cancellation schedule will apply. Exhibitor agrees to immediately notify AEE Show Management in writing prior to the show of any changes in company profile. Upon submitting the reservation/contract form, exhibiting company is liable for payment for applicable booth space fee. No refunds or transfers of Exhibitor funds are permitted. In case of a dispute, the governing laws of Georgia will apply. Any legal or collection-related costs incurred by Show Management resulting from delinquent payment by Exhibitor will be paid by Exhibitor.